Hey GenX Women – your story isn’t over yet. You heard me. Maybe your story is filled with broken pieces, terrible choices and ugly truths. It’s also filled with a major comeback! Can you feel it?
GenX Women – You Can’t Change The Past
You know deep down that it begins and ends with your mind, right? What you give power to has power over you. So give power to dreaming big! You can’t waste anymore time going back and trying to change the first chapter of your story, but you can start where you are today and change the ending.
Something comes immediately after you decide to write your next chapter…
Imposter Syndrome. It’s a thing.
Just the other day I had an opportunity to speak with an uber successful entrepreneur. We spoke about what steps to take to build my next story. I’m sure he could hear the apprehension in my replies. The questions I asked of his success were only questions that came out of my own fear. Then he paused and replied, “Terri, don’t let Imposter Syndrome set in”. So, of course as soon as I hung up the phone, I googled “Imposter Syndrome”. It’s actually a thing.
Can you hear the Imposter whispering in your ear?
- “You’re too old to start over”
- “What if you fail”
- “What if I don’t live up to everyones expectations?”
Stop. It. Now.
Why We Are Stronger Than Any Other Generation
Listen up Gen X women! I truly believe GenX women are naturally stronger than any other generation.. For God’s sake:
- We sold lemonade at the end of our driveways while Bob drove by on the dirt road spewing dust in our eyeballs.
- Played “Kick The Can” in the darkest of nights while our parents drank the night away and furthermore, benefited from their second hand smoke.
- Rode in the back of pick up trucks while jumping railroad tracks.
- Parental supervision was minimal and 911 didn’t exist in most towns.
- Teeter totters and sea-saws – need I say more?
- Oh and don’t forget the “underdog” trick on the good ‘ole swingset where higher was better to land on the sharp gravel below.
It’s a wonder how we survived childhood with all 10 fingers and 10 toes. Shit – we are made of steel!
What’s Your Next Chapter?
So, as you plan your next chapter to your story, ask yourself what excites you? Sometimes what excites you is not random. They are typically connected to your purpose. Follow them.
Remember, you are never too old to reinvent yourself. And you are too strong not to build your next empire. Yes, we are called the “Forgotten Generation” because we are sandwiched between Baby Boomers to the right and Millennials to the left, but we are also considered the most influential (fact).
The Major Comeback
Today, I’m planning my major comeback. I’m going to build an empire. There I said it. It’s out there. There’s no time for bullshit when you are building an empire. And everyone that knows me – knows I hate BS.
Can We Make A Deal?
Let’s both you and I start over. With a new pattern of thoughts. A new wave of emotions. A new connection to the world and a new belief system in ourselves. Yourself. Don’t be afraid to start all over again. You may like your new story better.
What’s your next story? Leave a comment!